It is crucial to begin a critique of 9/11 by putting it in the context of history. When it is seen that these type of operations have taken place throughout recent history in many different forms, 9/11 no longer becomes unique. It becomes simply another facade in a long line.
A false flag incident, accoridng to Wikipedia, is a “covert operations conducted by governments, corporations, or other organizations, which are designed to appear as though they are being carried out by other entities. The name is derived from the military concept of flying false colors; that is, flying the flag of a country other than one’s own.” So some government or organization creates a problem situation, and then blames the problem on the enemy, providing the motivation and passion to then go after that enemy. Naomi Klein wrote a whole book on this concept – The Shock Doctrine, David Icke dubbed this Problem-Reaction-Solution, and, if you’re willing to go there yet, the motto of the Freemasons is “Ordo Ab Chao” – Order out of Chaos. chaos is created, and the established powers that be work hard to create a new order. Consider the present economic crisis. Whole new laws are being created and enacted to create a new world economic system, one that helps the PTB’s (Powers That Be), and really does nothing for the common man.
For the sake of this blog, let’s list several of the historical moments (main resource: Wikipedia)where false flag terrorism has taken place:
- One of the most famous – the burning of Rome. It’s unclear who or what actually caused the fire, but Nero took the opportunity to deflect all blame directly on the shoulders of the Christians, who became quite persecuted afterwards.
- 1898 – The sinking of the USS Maine in Havana harbor was immediately pinned on the Spanish and the rallying call became, “Remember the Maine! To hell with Spain.” William Randolph-Hearst enflamed anti-Spanish sentiment in his papers by claiming definitively that it was a Spanish plot. No reliable evidence was ever produced linking Spain to the event. It is now widely believed that the event was a mechanical failure or false flag operation. (www.truthmove.org)
- It is widely known that the Nazis, in Operation Himmler, faked attacks on their own people and resources which they blamed on the Poles, to justify the invasion of Poland. (eg. Gleiwitz incident)
- The Reishstag Fire – William Shire proved that the fire was set by Hitler’s government. Even if one disagrees with Shire, and others, any historian agrees that at the very least the fire was used quite conveniently to bring about the type of Nazi government that Hitler desired. (also see Jerry Russell – talk given 11/9/03)
- In the 1931 Mukden incident, Japanese officers fabricated a pretext for annexing Manchuria by blowing up a section of railway.
- Six years later, they falsely claimed the kidnapping of one of their soldiers in the Marco Polo Bridge Incident as an excuse to invade China proper.
- In 1953, the U.S. and British-orchestrated Operation Ajax used “false-flag” and propaganda operations against the democratically elected leader of Iran, Mohammed Mosaddeq. Information regarding the CIA-sponsored coup d’etat has been largely declassified and is available in the CIA archives.
- In 1954, Israel sponsored bombings against US and UK interests in Cairo aiming to cause trouble between Egypt and the West. This operation, latter dubbed the Lavon Affair cost Israeli defense minister Pinhas Lavon his job. Israel (where it is known as “The Unfortunate Affair”) finally admitted responsibility in 2005.
- The planned, but never executed, 1962 Operation Northwoods plot by the U.S. Department of Defense for a war with Cuba involved scenarios such as hijacking a passenger plane, sinking a U.S. ship, burning crops and blaming such actions on Cuba. It was authored by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, nixed by John F. Kennedy, came to light through the Freedom of Information Act and was publicized by James Bamford. A reading of the actual document is quite telling, and consider that this government was willing to perpetuate these type of acts.
Take some time, check out the links included above and below. Much better research has been done than what I can offer here or have time for.
The conclusion is unmistakable – if governments have done this before, they’ll do it again.
Another one is coming – I hope we can tell when it does.
http://pledgeforamerica.com/2.html – details, with lots of links and sources, how false flag terrorism has been conducted in recent history. Three quotes really stood out to me on this page:
http://www.wanttoknow.info/falseflag – a slightly different version of the page above, with a few separate links.